About EC English Language Centres:
Established in 1991 EC Malta was EC’s first and only school. This small school quickly gained a wonderful reputation and became one of the leading English language schools in Malta. Fast-forward to today we have over 20 schools in six countries on three continents and a fantastic status for delivering English Language courses to Adults and Young Learners globally.
Our team is at the heart of everything we do, and we are proud to have created an environment that will nurture your talent, explore your ideas and recognise your achievements. Together, we turn challenges into new opportunities to help us achieve more. We dream big and we work hard. We want you to dream big too, and realise your own ambitions with us.
The internship will take place at our Head office of operations in Malta.
-Start Date: September or October 2019 (Flexible start date)
-3 to 6 months internship duration
-Unpaid Internship. Although we do not provide accommodation, we will provide Lunch vouchers
-Candidate must be eligible to work in Malta
As Direct Assistant Intern, you will be assisting in the selling EC courses in all locations, deliver a wow customer service, hit weekly sales targets and be knowledgeable about your respective sales region as well as EC products to sell better and work closely with other marketing members within eBusiness.
Key Learning Tasks:
• Preparing, verifying and issuing quotations for direct clients
• Assisting in converting e-business prospects to sales in a quick and professional manner
• Learning and using in-house booking system/CRM
• Assisting with the compilation of a knowledge database
• Market research
• Administrative office duties
Required Skills & Attributes:
• Customer service experience would be considered an asset but is not compulsory
• Undergoing a university degree or a diploma
• Fluent English, written and spoken
• Additional language skills should be considered an asset
• Eye for detail
• Client focused
• Get familiar with Business English
• Learn about the work environment in general
• Use of technology
• Learn about the sales process for an international market
• Exposure to multi-cultural environment
• We love what we do
• We go the extra mile
• We have a can-do mindset
• We deliver what we promise
Job Specific Competencies:
Accurately understanding and interpreting instructions, information and processes. Appreciating the requirement for and adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and navigating ambiguous information correctly. Recognising and appreciating own knowledge, understanding and limitations.
Performing operational, repetitive tasks independently and accurately, in line with operating standards, using the appropriate resource and technology to complete tasks on time.
Expressing information, thoughts and opinions in a well-structured manner that is engaging and accurate, that drives business productivity.
Showing adaptability during changing conditions and demonstrating a keenness to learn new ways of working.