ASSISTANT IN INTERNATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH STRATEGY
Company: Mad’in Europe SCRL ([###########])
Address: Brussels (Belgium) 116, rue Berckmans
Contact: Madina Benvenuti – [###########] –
Tel: +32 475 83 74 88
Internship available from: September 2019 (dates are flexible) – 3 months minimum
Company introduction. Mad’in Europe is a small company born in Brussels in 2013 supporting European craftsmanship as part of European intangible heritage but also as business opportunity and professional option for next generations. Its main objectives are:
• become the first market place connecting European makers in fine /traditional crafts and restorers of cultural heritage with an international audience of private consumers, architects, retailers, designers, interior designers, historic houses owners, and other professionals. (the portal showcases a selection of more than 1800 makers from 20 European countries.)
• bring sustainable and concrete support to European micro-businesses in the areas of Crafts (wood, metal, glass, ceramic, textile, stone crafts, music instruments, and restoration of cultural heritage…)
• support capacity building and mobility in the sector
• increased awareness among the public about the value of crafts in culture, economy and society.
Mad’in Europe is member of the World Crafts Council Europe and the Cultural Heritage Alliance 3.3 and collaborates with many actors all over Europe to develop synergies (i.e. with the contemporary design world, the Historic Houses Association...). The objective is to merge energies and resources and create a win-win collaboration for makers, customers and bring revenues to Mad’in Europe.
Internship proposal. The intern will work with Mad’in Europe’s manager, Madina Benvenuti. Interns are required to be multitask and are directly involved in the growth strategy of Mad’in Europe and in the relationship with craftsmen and partners. He/she will be required to demonstrate personal commitment and possess excellent communication skills.
The internship will cover two main topic areas:
1. on a day-to-day level, the student will work in the development and implementation of a high growth strategy for Mad'in Europe
2. the dissertation project will focus on developing an innovative high growth strategy on the basis of which the company will be able to assess and potentially innovate their business plan
Some of the actions that the intern will undertake are:
• Develop sales by recruiting new highly qualified paying members for the portal (craftsmen all over Europe, craftsmen association…);
• Contribute to enrich the content of the portal (editorials, interviews of craftsmen, technical information on specific crafts…);
• Collect feed-back from craftsmen (surveys);
• Communication / traffic building / social networks administration / e-marketing
• Research new business opportunities involving existing and new partners;
• Benchmark best practices and tailor the marketing strategy to create added value for the company and for makers;
• Elaborate and explore seed & early stage funding opportunities (Angels, seed VC, VC);
• Answer to European calls (Creative Europe, Erasmus plus…) with other European partners;
• Complete a market research on the basis of which the intern will develop an innovative high growth strategy (OPZIONE 3)
The location is Brussels.
SKILLS REQUIRED FROM TRAINEES
• Finance and Economics knowledge are required.
• Business and product development.
• Entrepreneurial mindset.
• Skills in communication, marketing & media are welcome.
• Writing skills in English and French are necessary
• Other skills: autonomy, dynamism, creativity, team spirit, open-minded approach, interest for small business development.
The trainee will define reasonable objectives according to his/her capacities, internship time and company priorities, will fix milestones and focus on their achievements.
LANGUAGES REQUIREMENTS: English is mandatory, French is also important. Any other EU language is very welcome.
IT & AND COMPUTER SKILLS: Office Pack, Mailchimp, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, (CMS is welcome);
Note: Mad’in Europe actual revenues do not allow to pay for internships. The European Program Erasmus+ supports traineeships (work placements, internships, etc) abroad for students currently enrolled in higher education institutions in countries at Bachelor and Master level as well as for doctoral candidates. Check on: [###########] en