Do you have a passion for food? Interested in learning more about social enterprises and how they give back to the community? Do you want to join a UK Charity overseas and make a real difference? Are you looking to share your knowledge and experiences to help make a difference in the local community? Would you like to experience a new culture under the guidance of our experienced expat teams? Then look no further and join our international team in the small but lively town of Siem Reap, Cambodia!
Working with Globalteer, you will be part of a larger effort helping support many charitable projects around the world that make a real difference for children, communities, and animals.
By volunteering your time as a culinary mentor in our social enterprise cafe, you will be giving back by passing on your skills to the local team, while strengthening your leadership, coaching and cross-cultural skills.
Siem Reap is a small town but has everything to offer, as it is the tourists gateway to the amazing Temples of Angkor. Staff, volunteers and interns all love this unique location for its small town feel and ease of life.
You will have a great experience mentoring the local staff and working along side our experienced international team.
Benefits for you:
- Free Accommodation! You will join other volunteers and interns in the Globalteer Volunteer House. You will quickly join a social circle of volunteers from around the world.
- Free food! OK, it won’t be an all you can eat steak buffet every day, but you will receive all you need.
- Free internet! Globalteer’s Volunteer House is fully connected!
- Full training and city orientation on arrival.
- 2 days off per week, plus 2.5 days of vacation per month that you can accumulate to take sightseeing trips with fellow volunteers.
- All work-related expenses covered in country.
- Programme certification upon completion of the mentor programme.
- Culinary and food service experience
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills
- Creative and open to new ideas
- An outgoing personality, eager to meet new people and make connections
- Flexible team player with the energy and enthusiasm required to work in the charity sector
- A commitment to Globalteer’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Team player but also comfortable working independently
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Help develop new and original menu ideas for the café that will appeal to the local and tourist market
- Train and monitor the cafe staff in food preparation and safety standards
- Work with front and back of the house staff to ensure the best possible service levels for our guests
- Implement inventory management best practices
- Answering inquiries and being the “go-to” for any issues that come up for café staff and customers
- Organizing promotional events and marketing campaigns to help promote the café
- Promoting local co-ops and partnerships with other ngos and small businesses
- Helping to maintain and promote a plastic free café
- General administration as needed.
- 37.5-hour work week
- Other duties as assigned in support of Globalteer’s charitable objectives
How To Apply:
Interested candidates are requested the following to [###########]
1. One-page cover letting outlining:
- The role you are applying for
- The location you are applying for
- Why you are applying
- What you think you can bring to the role
- Your planned start date
- Your time commitment
2. A detailed CV/Resume