Do you want to join a UK Charity overseas and make a real difference? Are you looking to improve your skills to be ready for the workplace? Would you like to experience a new culture under the guidance of our experienced expat teams? Then look no further, and join our international team in the small but lively town of Siem Reap, Cambodia!
Working with Globalteer, you will be helping support many charitable projects around the world making a real difference for children, communities, and animals.
Staff, volunteers and interns all love this unique location. Siem Reap is a small town but has everything to offer, as it is the tourists gateway to the amazing Temples of Angkor.
You will gain valuable life skills as well as workplace skills, guided by our experienced international team.
Skills you will gain for your CV:
- Experience working in an office environment independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent administration skills
- Worked for a UK registered charity and an international NGO
- Direct knowledge of international NGO management
- Experience working with an international team in a new culture
- Problem solving and using initiative
Benefits for you:
- Free Accommodation! You will join other volunteers and interns in the Globalteer Volunteer House. You will quickly join a social circle of volunteers from around the world.
- Free food! OK, it won’t be an all you can eat steak buffet every day, but you will receive all you need.
- Free internet! Globalteer’s Volunteer House is fully connected!
- Full training and city orientation on arrival.
- 2 days off per week, plus 2.5 days of vacation per month that you can accumulate to take sightseeing trips with fellow volunteers.
- All work-related expenses covered in country.
- Written reference letter upon completion of internship. We’ll do our best to help you land your dream job.
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Numerate, well organised and with excellent attention to detail
- Flexible team player with the energy and enthusiasm required to work in the charity sector
- A commitment to Globalteer’s Code of Conduct and Child Protection Policy
- Minimum age of 18 years old
- Team player but also comfortable working independently
- Key duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting the project manager at our Helping Hands Cambodia school
- Teaching classes as assigned to support teaching staff
- Working with individual students who need extra guidance
- Working with international volunteers during classes when they are on the project site
- Creating and carrying out a monitoring and evaluation process for the programme
- General administration
- 37.5-hour work week
- Other duties as assigned in support of Globalteer’s charitable objectives.
How To Apply:
Interested candidates are requested the following to [###########]
One-page cover letter outlining:
- The role you are applying for
- The location you are applying for
- Why you are applying
- What you think you can bring to the role
- Your planned start date
- Your time commitment
A detailed CV/Resume