Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific is a leader in Travel Retail. We operate a number of exciting brands around the globe, with stores at airports and major transport hubs throughout Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific - Duty Free & Luxury has an exciting position available for a passionate and motivated Marketing and Buying student.
We are looking for a Buying Admin intern willing to join the Duty Free & Luxury Division’s Perfume & Cosmetics Buying Team who are in charge of ranging and developing new business opportunities and extending the store network in the Pacific region.
The Buying Admin intern will help with the everyday duties involved, including:
• Preparation of sales reports, presentations and numerical analysis for the P&C Buying Team
• Support Buyers in reviewing and analysing current trends to plan; select and manage merchandise ranges in line with the buying and planning objectives
• Assist in looking after the strategic direction of the category
• Database administration
• Provide support and assistance to the other Support Team in other ad-hoc projects as directed from time to time (i.e. Planning, Business Development)
• Excel and Power Point skills essentials
• Effective in Time management to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner
• Can work in an unsupervised environment
• Attention to detail and ability to work/ react in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Preferably with retail background; either shop front or back office support
• General knowledge of retail brands and market trends
This is a great opportunity to get some hands on experience in the field you are interested in and work alongside a supportive and friendly team.
Our office is located in Mascot, close to the Airport and easily accessible by a short walk or free shuttle bus from Mascot station.
We would like the successful applicant to be with us for a minimum of 4 - 5 days a week and for a period of 5 - 6 months.
Ideal start date would be as soon as possible.
The internship will be an unpaid work experience.
We seek a proactive and energetic person who is in their final year of University studies or a recent graduate.
If this sounds interesting to you, then please send your cover letter and CV to Savanna: