We believe in the power of good music and good content creation. An innovation borne out of passion for new and emerging music, and efforts to revolutionize the way new music and content is discovered and consumed, WPGM provides a relevant platform and service, via media and publishing, digital PR and publicity, radio and TV plugging, and social media marketing, to promote, support and raise awareness for the best new music, artists and lifestyle content.
Already with an established solid platform of over 500,000 monthly visits, over 25,000 Twitter followers, over 100,000 Facebook fans, and over 10,000 Instagram fans, WPGM – as a trend setter and taste-maker since its first iteration in 2009 – is out to further up the ante in disseminating and promoting relevant new media and content to its global audiences.
In the short years of existence, WPGM has garnered numerous media support and acknowledgment from industry peers and stalwarts as a respected brand within the online media, publishing and PR landscape. We are one of the UK’s most sought after media, publishing and digital PR services companies. Our media arm functions online via [###########] (WPGM) and [###########] (CAH), with future expansions into TV, Radio and Print content.
Our PR services arm functions within the digital music PR and social media marketing spaces in the UK and West Africa, with a view to expanding into Europe and America, while continuing to build our digital music PR services/activities in the UK and West Africa. We are also looking at expanding into digital PR/Publicity for corporate brands and events in the UK and Africa.
Regarding our social media management job role, please find below some job specifications and responsibilities.
Please note that this opportunity is unpaid.
1. Updating our social media channels daily with articles from WPGM and CAH in an interesting and engaging manner to make social media users click-through to our websites.
2. Creating relevant text, images, gifs, and visuals content to promote WPGM and CAH contents on our social media channels.
3. Driving traffic to WPGM and CAH from social media.
4. Creating and publishing editorial and visual assets for all WPGM social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram) working closely with the EiC and creative director.
5. Identifying trends and stories on socials for the WPGM and CAH editorial teams.
6. Developing new content and campaigns to serve users and grow social and platform followings on WPGM and CAH.
7. Coordinating the creation of social media platform-specific content, including text, photo, video, and interactive.
8. Identifying the most compelling visuals to accompany content, and packaging those for effective sharing.
9. Coordinating responsive advertising spends on Facebook/Instagram and Youtube with the EiC and creative director.
10. Reporting on social media platform growth (either weekly or monthly), content output and paid activity via email and within editorial meetings.
11. Developing strategies to grow social media following and email subscriber base.
12. Developing and implementing marketing strategies for our social media platforms.
13. Contributing to the growth of our social media department and training any future junior team members on various components of the social media management role.
If this of interest to you, please send an email to [###########] with your CV and cover letter.