The Payments & Cards Network is looking for a Communications & Event Intern to join our team!
Working at PCN means every day will be different, we love developing talent and have an exciting internship program within PCN, based at our European Headquarters in the centre of Amsterdam. A new opening has come up within our Marketing team & we're looking for a Communications & Event Intern (6 - 8 months). You will be guided by the Marketing & Business Development Manager and the Marketing Executive.
As the leading supplier of executive recruitment services to the fintech and payments industry, Payments & Cards Network is dedicated to connecting great people to equally great companies. We are uniquely positioned to serve the highly specialized needs of the payments, cards, fintech & e-commerce markets. Plus we aspire to build long-lasting relationships to achieve full satisfaction for both client and candidate alike.
As a Communication & Event Intern you'll get the opportunity to dig your heels into the below:
- Assist with organising monthly/quarterly Industry Meetup events globally whilst coordinating with leaders in the fintech & payments industry
- Organising logistics for the events including booking venues, managing communication channels & coordinating with clients
- Assist the Marketing Executive in coordinating the event partnerships around the globe
- Managing invites, attendee lists & RSVP’s via Eventbrite, Meetup, Facebook & other channels
- Find specific and relevant fintech & payments content for our news platform
- Develop original creative social media content
- Copywriting & blogging
- Posting via our online marketing communication platform or similar tools
- Create an original content plan & research the industry
- Contact leaders in the industry for guest blogging on the website
- Take lead on email marketing
What we're looking for
- Currently studying or just completed a Bachelor or Master’s degree majoring in Media, Marketing, Communications, Business Management or similar
- You get energy out of talking to people and don’t shy away from new faces!
- Your friends & family know you as an organization geek. You’ll be in charge of organising events on a monthly basis so it’s important you know how to dot your ‘i’s’ and cross your ‘t’s’
- Previous experience working in events or admin related role would be desirable
- Familiar with Mailchimp, Hootsuite, SEO, Google Analytics, Eventbrite, Meetup,
- Google Adwords, Social Advertising, CMS, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Creative Suite
- High attention to detail - you’ll be communicating with our network of over 150,000 people
- Brilliant communication skills, verbal and written
- Creativity and innovative ideas
- You’re known for your autonomy and ability to get stuff done
- Good sense of humour - we like to have fun while we're working!
- Already living in Amsterdam area or willingness to relocate at short notice
- Proficient in English (extra languages are a big plus)
What you'll get
- You’ll get real experience, being able to take ownership of what you’re doing & seeing the results at the end
- Paid internship
- International exposure in an exciting market & growing company
- Working alongside a great team with plenty of opportunities to share ideas
- A dedicated mentor to help guide you through your internship & provide training, development & support
- Daily lunch provided
- Friday breakfast each week and company drinks each Friday afternoon
- Dogs and/or puppies in the office (not guaranteed)
- A supportive team and inspiring atmosphere