About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey Group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury leisure travel
- Association Conferences & Events
The intern would assist with some or all of the following duties:
- Help to develop and maintain strong relationships with both existing and potential clients.
- Daily communication with suppliers like tour guides and coach companies and occasionally with clients, both here in Ireland and UK
- Co-ordination of arrangements for tour groups within specific time restrictions – making reservations, creating & updating group itineraries, making required amendments when changes to the clients programme occur
- Preparation of tour programs and their associated costing.
- Full utilisation of the Tourplan software to generate all client quotations and subsequent follow up and to ensure that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected on Tourplan.
- Help preparing material for any agreed sales and marketing activities
- Help with any admin work needed during quotation/follow up/confirmation process.
- Research markets, clients, programs as the need arises and as assigned by your Manager/ Director.
- Cover of front office reception as assigned
Any other duties as assigned from time to time by your Manager or Director (and this could be
in another Department within the Abbey Group).
- Student must be enrolled at an educational institution and/or complete this internship as part of their studies
- Fluency in English
- Additional language (e.g. Scandinavian / Russian/Czech language) is an advantage
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Good communication and organizational skills
Skills to be acquired
- Understanding the reality of our business and exposure to the Tourism Industry in Europe
- Understanding our key markets and clients, how we develop and operate our business, our marketing strategy
- Gaining knowledge about tourist attractions/products we offer to clients/trends
- Improving Communication skills and team work skills
- Improving organisational skills, leadership skills, ability to work on own initiative, learning our tour operating system and develop their IT skills
- Improving fluency in English language both written and oral
- Internship allowance of €300.00 per month
- Weekend Away (you will be entitled to a 2 night break on a bed and breakfast basis for two people sharing a twin room ensuite in a 3* Hotel or Bed and Breakfast accommodation which is subject to availability)
- 1.75 days off per full working month