Awaken is seeking a TEACHER IN ENGLISH to join our team in Quito, Ecuador.
We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly energetic, and results oriented to join us. Your knowledge of English and Comunication techniques must be very good in order to create experiencial learning programs
The classes will be done in real life experiences, going to coffee places, parks, doing cooking activities, and even traveling around Ecuador.
WE OFFER TO YOU?
- Be part of a Start up, in an Entrepreneur environment with a bunch of motivation and innovated ideas at work
- We will pay for you accomodation, alimentation, and transportation for the time you are working with us.
- Travel to the mountains, jungles, beaches of Ecuador FOR FREE when we do experiencial learning days.
- Develop your personal and profesional skills while traveling around Ecuador.
- Have the chance to keep wroking partial time for Awaken after your internship finishes and when you go back to your country and make up to $3000 USD a month.
What is Awaken?
Awaken is an organization that allows you to travel with purpose.
Learn about yourself personally and professionally.
Explore different regions and many cultures.
Volunteer with children and teens in need.
• Create and plan the classes to be given following the schedule and the structured at Awaken
• Teach participants the practical knowledge of the English language
• Develop outdoor activities with the students in order to make them use their English in real life situations
• Present the planification of the classes indoors and outdoors
• Be in charge of all the activities related with the classes and the activities out of class
• Take part of practical activities in order to confirm the use of the English language of the students
• Plan and execute outdoor classes in all the environments allowed by the company
• Plan and do trips in Ecuador with the participants.
• Learn about a career field from the inside and decide if this is the right career field for you
• Work alongside a professional in your chosen career area
• Observe the work place and see if it matches expectations
Leadership and Skill Development:
• Learn new skills and add to your knowledge base while gaining confidence in your abilities
• Opportunity to practice communication and teamwork skills
• Gain industry knowledge first hand from an organization and professionals
• Provide evidence that you have initiative, are reliable and have a sense of responsibility
• Apply some of the ideas learned in school and provide a bridge between school and the professional world
• Achieve a sense of accomplishment by contributing to an organization
Networking and Establishing Mentors and References:
• Meet new people and practice networking skills while establishing a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references
• Use the mentors within the team of Awaken to get advice for the next steps to take on your career path
• Gain valuable experience and accomplishments to add to your resume and/or enhance your application to Graduate School
• Create an advantage over other job or graduate school applicants
• Potential for a full time job offer at the end of the internship based on your performance
• The duration of this internship is for a minimum of 1 month
• Awaken will cover all travel expenses associated with this internship such as: rafting, zip-lining, hiking, horseback riding, biking, waterfall rappelling, etc
• You will be responsible for your flight, food, housing and extra excursions you may want to do during your time in Ecuador
• Interns involved in sales will get a commission of 5% to 10% depending on the sale made
• Awaken has a family concept, therefore interns will be living in the Awaken house. This house is a large house with all the space you will need. We want to be sure that you experience what Awaken is all about and that you have the opportunity to dive into life with an Ecuadorean family and truly experience the culture of Ecuador!