Lagardère Travel Retail is a leader in travel retail. In the pacific region, we operate a number of exciting brands around the globe, with stores at airports and major transport hubs throughout Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
Operating across three business lines being Foodservice, Travel Essentials and Duty Free, Lagardère Travel Pacific has an exciting position available for a passionate and motivated Business Management student to work exclusively with the Foodservice team.
What’s on offer?
Our Foodservice team are responsible for managing a range of retail cafes, bars and QSR concepts within airports, predominantly in Australia and New Zealand. Embedded within the small Foodservice team you will work with both the Supply chain staff and the Operations Manager on the following projects.
Approximately 3 days per week on brand development including:
• Concept research
• Pre-work setting up new store mobilisation plans
• Research of Local and Regional supplier’s options
• Completing price reviews on all stores
• Working with Marketing to development menu marketing changes
• Update recipe cards
• Price and menu reviews
• Roll out new cabinet cards and set up database
• Update training cards
• Researching packaging options
Using your financial and analytical skills you will work approximately 1 days per week on reporting and special projects
• Testing of ERP changes
• Analysis of product reports for the category range to review current sales mix, opportunities for expanding the range within specific price ranges developing promotion packs for special occasions
• Assist in the development of a Managers Training program / Checklist
Additional requirements will be administrative tasks such as:
• Assist Food Safety manager with new document roll out
• Complete national supplier audit to determine compliance
• Printing / laminating of materials to be sent to stores
• Other general duties
Projects can be tailored to meet any specific learning goals you have.
This is a great opportunity to get some hands-on experience in Finance, Marketing and Operations while working alongside a supportive and friendly team within an international environment in Sydney (Australia).
Our office is located in Mascot close to the airport.
We would like the successful applicant to be with us for 4 days a week (flexible, depending on your timetable) and for a minimum of 4 - 6 months.
The ideal start date would be as soon as possible.
The internship will be unpaid work experience.
But we have a weekend away organised for our interns!
Also if you like reading - free books available!
What we are looking for?
• Strong excel skills
• Passion for food
• Confidence to just run with projects
• A dynamic and proactive individual
• A “can do” and positive attitude
• Studying Management or Finance and passionate about it!
• Analytical skills and commercial acumen
• English bilingual or fluent
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Developed attention to detail
• Willingness to learn and fast-learner
If this sounds interesting to you and you believe you look like the ideal candidate’s description above, then please send your cover letter and CV to Savanna: