Street Child is a charity dedicated to empowering some of the most vulnerable children in the world by giving them the chance to go to school and giving their families the sustainable means to keep them there. There’s never been a better time to get behind our cause; we are an ambitious and exciting international development charity and this is your chance to be a part of the adventure!
The role will provide vital support to Street Child’s international volunteering programme. The program is a unique volunteering scheme that engages students, graduates and professionals in Street Child’s work. Through our international placements the programme aims to add capacity to work being undertaken by our local partners in West Africa and South Asia. We aim to provide a unique experience for participants whilst creating sustainable ways to move our projects forward.
Our new IVP intern will play an integral role in developing the scope and reach of this exciting programme while helping the Street Child development in Europe. The preferred internship duration is 6 months, however shorter availabilities can be discussed.
You will be part of a small team led by the EU Development and Marketing Manager. Below are some examples of your responsibilities but you will spend 60% of your time on the first two tasks:
● International Volunteer Coordination: expand and promote our international volunteering program with strategic marketing. Assist in recruitment of the international volunteers and support them with fundraising and other practicalities.
● Business development: build and manage collaborations and partnerships with other organizations and companies.
● Marketing and Communications: promote local and international events, update the website, manage digital marketing, email marketing and social media.
● Fundraising: help in the design and implementation of various fundraising activities.
● Event management: support planned events and develop new ideas
What are the benefits of an internship at Street Child?
The internship is unpaid but you will gain valuable experience for your CV through working on a wide variety of tasks and through the regularly provided training sessions, giving you the chance to improve both your professional and personal skills. We also provide assistance in applying for grants like Erasmus+. As Street Child is still a fairly new organization, you will have greater responsibility than in other internships and you will have the chance to make a big impact for a great cause.
Moreover, by working with a young, dynamic and international team, you will meet culturally diverse people and have the opportunity to practice different languages. Our weekly team lunch is a good example of the positive and friendly atmosphere at Street Child’s office, situated in the heart of Barcelona’s old town (impressions from our office).
After your internship, you will have the optional opportunity to apply for our International Volunteering Program where you will contribute to Street Child’s activities in the field and see first hand the impact our work has on children and families!
● Key characteristics: Self-motivated, pro-active and innovative thinking with the ability to use your initiative and work independently. Interest in the non-profit sector and in Street Child’s mission. A willingness to be flexible, have fun and enjoy a laugh with the team!
● Areas of university studies: include but are not limited to marketing, international relations, human rights, development, economics or global affairs.
● Skills: excellent communication skills with professional manner via telephone and email. Professional English skills are required. One or more other European languages skills are highly recommended. Knowledge of the web, social media and Microsoft Office will be needed.
Providing a letter of recommendation from a previous professional experience is a plus
The office set-up we use recommends you to bring your own laptop to work from.
How to apply:
Please, click on this link [[###########]], fill in the form and send a CV and a cover letter in English at [###########] You will be contacted by our recruitment coordinator shortly.