Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific is a leader in Travel Retail. We operate a number of exciting brands around the globe, with stores at airports and major transport hubs throughout Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific - Duty Free & Luxury (operating in Australia and New Zealand under the retail brand of Aelia) has an exciting position available for a passionate and motivated student interested in Procurement / Buying / Category Management.
We are looking for a Buying Admin intern willing to join the Duty Free & Luxury Division’s Liquor, Wine and Tobacco Buying Team who are in charge of ranging and developing new business opportunities and extending the store network in the Pacific region.
The Buying Admin intern will help with the everyday duties involved, including:
• Preparation of sales reports, presentations and numerical analysis for the LWT Buying Team
• Support Buyers in reviewing and analysing current trends to plan; select and manage merchandise ranges in line with the buying and planning objectives.
• Assist in looking after the strategic direction of the category including working on pricing strategies
• Database administration
• Provide support and assistance for other ad-hoc projects as required
• Excel and Power Point skills essentials
• Effective in time management to ensure all tasks are completed in a timely manner
• Can work in an unsupervised environment
• Attention to detail and ability to work / react in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Preferably with retail background; either shop front or back office support
• General knowledge of retail brands (including alcohol brands) and market trends
This is a great opportunity to get some hands on experience in the field you are interested in and work alongside a supportive and friendly team.
Also good exposure to a combination of Luxury Global brands such as Remy Martin, Hennessy, Macallan, Dom Perignon as well as high volume FMCG brands like Johnnie Walker, Jim Beam, Absolut vodka and many more including locally produced Australian and New Zealand brands.
Our office is located in Mascot, close to the Airport and easily accessible by a short walk or free shuttle bus from Mascot station.
We would like the successful applicant to be with us for 5 days a week and for a period ideally of 5 - 6 months. 4 days a week could potentially work for high standard applications.
Ideal start date is June 2019.
The internship will be an unpaid work experience.
We seek a proactive and energetic person who is in their final year of University studies or a recent graduate.
If this sounds interesting to you, then please send your cover letter and CV to
Katharine Franolic: [###########]