Lagardere Services Travel Retail Pacific is a leader in travel retail. We operate a number of exciting brands around the globe, with stores at airports and major transport hubs throughout Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
Lagardere Services Travel Retail Pacific has an exciting position available for a passionate and motivated Human Resources student.
What’s on offer?
Objective: Assist the generalist HR team with their day to day duties in order to ensure the department runs smoothly. Duties include but are not limited to:
Manage new starter process:
• Compose contracts
• Enter new employees in our HRM System
• Enroll them in our e-learning online program
• Process online immigration checks
• Welcome and induct new Support Office staff and organize their onboarding documents and equipment
• Assist with the recruitment of interns (advertising, reviewing applicants, Skype and face-to-face interviews, communicating with applicants via email or phone, onboarding)
• Conduct reference checks
• Assist the Recruitment Coordinator with our online recruitment system
• Organize the interns’ week-end away (3 days, 10-15 people)
• Ad-hoc projects according to time and business needs
• Assist the Learning & Development team as required, if ad-hoc projects arise
Other daily duties:
• Update employee information in our HRM System and our intranet
• Manage phone calls and employee queries via phone and email
• Assist with the management of terminations of employment
• Follow up required paperwork with Store Managers and employees
• Perform general clerical duties (e.g. photocopying, mailing, filing)
• Initiate improvement/change of processes
• Conduct HR reporting
• Assist with fortnightly and monthly payroll
This is a great opportunity to get some hands on experience in HR and work alongside a supportive and friendly team within an international environment in Sydney, Australia or Auckland, New Zealand (Your choice).
Our office is located in Mascot close to the airport.
We would like the successful applicant to be with us for 4 to 5 days a week
(flexible, depending on your timetable) and for a minimum of 5 - 6 months.
Ideal start date would be June 2019.
The internship will be unpaid work experience.
However we organise a weekend away for our interns!
Also if you like reading - free books available!
What we are looking for?
• A dynamic and proactive individual
• A “can do” and positive attitude
• Studying HR and passionate about it!
• People person
• English bilingual or fluent
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Developed attention to detail
• Willingness to learn and fast-learner
If this sounds interesting to you and you believe you look like the ideal candidate’s description above, then please send your cover letter and CV to Savanna: [###########]