Company HB d.o.o. (BIG BERRY) is seeking students for a full-time internship in the fields of Tourism, Hospitality & Event Management. Interns are required for work in Kolpa River Resort, Slovenia.
What is in for you?
- Work on an exciting new project, develop a new brand and learn about a unique business model in the tourism sector, combining luxury with freedom, urban living comfort with authentic nature experience
- Work on an interesting international project – ‘Real world’ tourism business experience
- Work in a motivating surrounding
- Teamwork with international students
- Interaction with local, national & international experts and businesses
- Make professional connections
- Relevant working experience and further skills development – Boost your CV
- Free comfortable accommodation on the site, food stipend for the whole period
What will you do?
- All Interns will do a little bit of everything! Beside specific duties and responsibilities of a Receptionist & Site Manager, he/she has a certain role in community work such as maintaining the site, adventure facilitating, food services, housekeeping, guest services, marketing & promotional trips, summer staff discipleship & leadership, facilities & property management etc.
- The duties of this role are inclusive of, but not limited to the following:
- Support in creating up-to-date events on-site or outside the resort;
- Support the BIG BERRY Team and brand events;
- Maintaining a positive atmosphere and high-quality service;
- Process incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Hosting, checking-in and checking-out guests;
- Assisting guests when asked
- Answering calls and managing booking system onsite.
This position requires multi-tasking skills and the ability to work independently and under pressure. Excellent interpersonal and communications skills are required. Candidate needs to be proactive, efficient and organized, and a good communicator with attention to details. Demonstrated agility to shift direction in response to changing work situations is critical, as well as enthusiasm and self-motivation. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel is required as well as proficiency in spoken and written English (Slovenian, Croatian, German, Italian languages preferable). Driving license is a plus.
The ideal candidate is a final-year student preferably of Tourism, Hospitality, Event Management or another relevant field. Any professional experience is a plus but not crucial.
Compensation and Schedule:
All Interns are provided with accommodation and a weekly food stipend for the whole period of their stay. Interns will be accommodated in a common house in the near vicinity of the resort.
The Internship starts from 15th of April and ends with 30th September 2018. All Interns are required to pass days of orientation that will be held in the first unique Luxury Landscape Resort site, located in the beautiful countryside along the Kolpa River in the south border of Slovenia. During orientation days Interns will learn about the brand, company and get the guidelines for future work that they will do.
How to apply?
Please submit a cover letter, CV and reference letter (if possible) with a phone number to [###########] and we will arrange a Skype interview as soon as possible.
NOTE: Only materials delivered by e-mail will be accepted.