Lagardère Travel Retail is a leader in travel retail. We operate a number of exciting brands around the globe, with stores at airports and major transport hubs throughout Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific has an exciting position available for a passionate and motivated Finance student.
We are looking for an intern studying Finance to join our team and assist with the everyday duties involved, including:
• Assisting with Accounts Receivable tasks (i.e.: Reconciling cash, credit cards…),
• Assisting in Accounts Payable functions (i.e.: Booking goods and services invoices / Preparing payments to suppliers),
• Assisting with month-end closing,
• Assisting with year-end audit,
• Ad-hoc day-to-day duties,
• Preparing regular reports e.g. Weekly sales reports, monthly, profitability reports, Corporate reporting,
• Assisting with analyzing the performance of stores,
• Assisting with the preparation of forecasts,
• Specify the KPI calculation,
• Set up new processes to ensure the reliability of the information,
• Follow-up the implementation of the solution,
• SPP/ Net sales analysis on BNC
This is a great opportunity to get some hands on experience in the field you are interested in and work alongside a supportive and friendly team.
Our office is located in Mascot close to the airport.
We would like the successful applicant to be with us for 4-5 days a week (flexible, depending on your timetable) and for a minimum of 5-6 months.
Ideal Start date is early June 2019.
The internship will be unpaid work experience.
However a weekend away is organised for all the interns and you are more than welcome to participate!
Also if you like reading we have free books available.
A proactive and energetic person who has a relevant degree and/or experience in this field. Preferably in his 2nd or 3rd year of Finance degree or more.
A Good understanding of metrics including P&L and sales margins is also expected.
If this sounds interesting to you, then please send your cover letter and CV to Savanna: