About the Abbey Group
Head quartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known Incoming Tours operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today the group has expanded its services in Edinburgh and London. With over 160 staff and with overseas representatives in ten key markets, we are recognised as the market leader within our sector. The Group has four divisions specialising in specific types of inbound tourism:
- Group Tours
- Individual & Online Travel
- Incentive & Luxury leisure travel
- Association Conferences & Events
The Accounts Payable department at the Abbey Group processes a high volume of invoices for both Abbey Ireland and Abbey Scotland. We undertake to process invoices and payments to our suppliers in accordance with our agreed terms (usually 30 days after month of travel). In order to meet that objective the Accounts Payable team must work quickly and resolve any queries by working closely with colleagues from other departments within the Abbey Group and externally.
The main daily duties of the Accounts Payable team are:
- Responsible for processing supplier invoices in accordance with Purchase Orders,
- Responsible for reconciling supplier accounts
- Dealing with supplier enquiries.
- Interacting with internal staff to resolve queries.
- Supplier Payment Runs by Electronic BACS and by Cheque
You may also be asked to assist with:
- VAT procedures UK / Ireland
- Analysis of margins
- Cash flows
- Credit Control
- Assist with any duty that arises
- Cover of front office reception as assigned
- Flexibility is required and you might be asked to support another area at any time, the internship might not be limited to the accounts department.
- Fluency in English language
- Good basic key board skills and proficiency in Microsoft office
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Requirements- students must be affiliated with college/Educational institution/Erasmus/Leonardo Da Vinci etc. or this internship is part of their studies.
- 300€ per month
- 1.75 days off per month
If you are interested in completing an internship with us, please send your CV and covering letter as part of your full application to this email address: [###########]