The main objective of this internship is to support Tradin’s partner for mango in Burkina Faso to reach international market standards according to pre-specified agreements and to optimize the processes in a recently established plant. Tradin recognizes long term relations with suppliers as one of the most important conditions for continuous growth and product improvement. The partnership combines local knowledge and entrepreneurship with Tradin’s expertise and experience in the organic sector, which is especially relevant and challenging in the current starting-up phase. Contributing to the improvement of factory- and sourcing operations, the intern will get the possibility to be involved in the whole value chain and build structures that facilitate communication between the local partner and Tradin Organic.
The internship will preferably start in January 2019, with a two weeks introduction period at the Tradin Organic office in Amsterdam. After this, the intern will relocate to Burkina Faso, to get involved with the local partners and work on the ground. The envisaged total duration of the internship is eight months.
Your tasks, responsibilities and objectives
• Facilitate business communication between the local partner and Tradin
• Inspect the implementation of the quality system and support the preparations for a food safety certification
• Support the implementation of a newly introduced digital system to track and report factory operations
• Evaluate the production process and provide recommendations for efficiency improvements
• Perform quality controls and identify possibilities to improve the end product
• Assess the current sourcing system and provide recommendations for improvements
• Assess and advise external suppliers to guarantee adherence to consistent minimum standards
Housing in Burkina Faso is included, in Amsterdam not.
For questions or applications feel free to contact hrm((at))tradinorganic.com ! Looking forward to your application!