Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific is a leader in travel retail. We operate a number of exciting brands around the globe, with stores at airports and major transport hubs throughout Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
What’s on offer?
Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific has an exciting position available for a passionate and motivated Interior Design student.
This position takes direction from Operations team and works independently and collaboratively to complete store opening, store refurbishment and store closure projects within budget and on time.
We are looking for an intern studying Interior Design to join our team and help with duties involving:
• Execute project work and manage priorities as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements in a fast paced environment; with and without supervision.
• Develop and implement creative designs with a focus on destination design and varied themes appropriate for different resort locations and project needs.
• Support the project and design team in the development of conceptual programming, creation of presentation materials, finish and material selection and specifications, and furniture selection and specification.
• Develop and maintain FF&E budgets, assemble presentation boards and materials; and establish relationships with manufacturer’s representatives.
• Construction documents including CAD drafting with VectorWorks or similar and FF&E specification writing.
• Ensure timely completion of projects and that all financial goals are met.
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Assist with general admin as required from time to time.
This is a great opportunity to get some hands on experience in the field you are interested in and work alongside a supportive and friendly team.
Our office is located in Mascot, Sydney NSW - close to the airport.
Ideal start date is January 2019.
The internship will be unpaid work experience.
We have free access to gym downstairs in our building.
Also if you like reading - free books available!
What we are looking for:
• Experience in VectorWorks (or similar) and specification writing
• Experience in Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator preferred, but not required
• A dynamic and proactive individual
• A “can do” and positive attitude
• Studying Interior Design and passionate about it!
• People person
• English bilingual or fluent
• Good English writing skills
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Strong organisational and time management skills
• Developed attention to detail
• Willingness to learn and fast-learner
• Intermediate Microsoft Office skills