Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific is a leader in travel retail. We operate a number of exciting brands around the globe, with stores at airports and major transport hubs throughout Australia, New Zealand and New Caledonia.
What’s on offer?
Lagardère Travel Retail Pacific has an exciting position available for a passionate and motivated Business student studying Accounting and is interested in Commercial Analysis and Insights.
You will assist the Chief Operating Officer in providing meaningful insights to business performance and will take a pro-active approach to investigating performance issues.
We are looking for an intern studying Business (majoring in Accounting) to join our team and help with the everyday duties involved, including:
• Assist the COO in building Analytical reports to either provide insight into business performance, provided improved visibility to the P&L owners, improve current reporting and create new ones and support management in decision making.
• Assist the COO with preparation of bi-annual forecast and process
• Assist the COO with the preparation of the annual budget
• Responsible for preparation and distribution of specific monthly / weekly reports (sales by store and product category, Monthly wages for example) with accompanying commentary, ensuring accuracy and delivered within pre-determined timescales.
• Preparation of presentations and analysis for submission to the COO and Management as required.
• Assist the COO to build and manage financial analysis with the Buyers and Operations teams to review monthly P&L and any other relevant information.
• Ad hoc projects as required
This is a great opportunity to get some hands on experience in the field you are interested in and work alongside a supportive and friendly team.
Our office is located in Mascot close to the airport.
We would like the successful applicant to be with us for 5 days a week and for 6 months.
Ideal start date will be early January 2019.
The internship will be unpaid work experience.
However, we organise a weekend away for our interns and if you like reading, free books are available!
What we are looking for?
• Business related Knowledge
• Proven analytical skills with sound commercial acumen
• Confident communicator at all levels, especially when reporting to Chief Operating Officer
• Ability to handle and play with a high volume of data (critical)
• Highly computer literate (Excel/WORD/PowerPoint/Outlook),
• Expert in Excel is critical (VBA knowledge would be a serious advantage)
• Very Good attention to details
If this sounds interesting to you and you believe you look like the ideal candidate’s description above, then please send your cover letter and CV with availabilities to Savanna: