PELI PRODUCTS, S.L.U.
DEPT: Logistics & Operations
LOCATION: Barcelona, Spain –EMEA Headquarters-
PERIOD: Open from November, preferable minimal length 5 months
With over 40 years of creating the toughest, virtually indestructible, and most dependable products on the market, Pelican Products remains the global leader of high-performance protective case solutions, advanced portable lighting systems, and consumer products we use in our everyday lives to include coolers, phone and tablet cases, backpacks, drinkware, and more! Our products are depended upon by professionals in the most demanding markets including fire safety, law enforcement, life sciences, defense/military, aerospace, entertainment, industrial and consumer. Pelican's products are designed and built to last a lifetime.
Peli Products’ EMEA Headquarter is based in Barcelona, Spain. Consisting of 30 employees who deal with Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Logistics, Engineer, Sales and IT supporting the other European subsidiaries of the Company are located in France, Germany, Poland, Italy, Russia, South Africa, UK, Turkey, Israel, The Netherlands and the United Arab Emirates.
Being an intern in the Logistics & Operations Department of Peli Products means being an active member of the department and assisting the staff in their daily activities for the business.
Here is an indicative list of activities which an intern could help with:
1. Issues purchase orders to intercompany vendors
2. Assist with the preparation of documentation for shipments
3. Date maintenance and receipt for all shipments
4. Checks completeness and correctness of all shipment documentation provided by intercompany vendor
5. Receive and process requests for spare parts, prepare orders and send packages, follow up on stock levels of spare parts.
6. Follow up with suppliers on backlogged material
7. Assist with inventories when required
8. Support the Logistics Manager in some aspects of purchasing and production planning. Update the master records on the ERP system.
The quantity and type of activities done by an intern depend on his/her interests, knowledge, performance and attitude. We will try to involve our intern in as many activities as possible and give him/her increasing responsibilities according to his/her results.
What we expect of our intern:
1. Business-related studies with a strong component of Logistics, or Master’s degree in Logistics and/or Supply Chain Management.
2. Verbal and written fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of other European languages is highly appreciated.
3. Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, and proficient in the use of internet and email. Knowledge of SAP SD/MM is highly appreciated
4. Flexibility and multitasking in a fast-paced international environment.
5. High motivation, positive attitude and predisposition to work hard and learn a lot.
What we can offer:
- Length of internship according to the student’s needs, preferable minimal length of 5 months.
- On-the-job training with highly qualified professionals.
- The chance to learn a lot and get a solid experience in an international environment which will help you in your future professional life.
- The opportunity to be totally involved in the life of the department and contribute to the progress of the business.
You cannot put a price on the value of this opportunity for personal development.
However, we will help you with a little financial support/month.
For further information and to apply for an internship:
Company website: [###########]
Contact person: Anika Smits (Human Resources Department; [###########] )
[###########] telephone: +34 93 467 49 99 Ext: 6347