PELI PRODUCTS, S.L.U.
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
LOCATION: Barcelona, Spain –EMEA Headquarters-
PERIOD: Open from January, preferable minimal length 5 months
With over 40 years of creating the toughest, virtually indestructible, and most dependable products on the market, Pelican Products remains the global leader of high-performance protective case solutions, advanced portable lighting systems, and consumer products we use in our everyday lives to include coolers, phone and tablet cases, backpacks, drinkware, and more! Our products are depended upon by professionals in the most demanding markets including fire safety, law enforcement, life sciences, defense/military, aerospace, entertainment, industrial and consumer. Pelican's products are designed and built to last a lifetime.
Peli Products’ EMEA Headquarter is based in Barcelona, Spain. Consisting of 30 employees who deal with Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, Logistics, Engineer, Sales and IT supporting the other European subsidiaries of the Company are located in France, Germany, Poland, Italy, Russia, South Africa, UK, Turkey, Israel, The Netherlands and the United Arab Emirates. Being an intern at Peli Products means being an active member of the HR department and assisting the managers and employees in their day to day activities for the business.
The intern will support the HR department in their daily activities, in addition to working on projects. Examples of projects and tasks that the intern could work on depending on business priorities, individual performance and attitude:
- Assisting with recruitment activities: filtering CV’s, arranging interviews, providing feedback to the hiring manager and/or employment agencies, take notes during the interview and updating the recruitment database.
- Assisting with specific countries with Employee Handbook, policy reviews and implementation
- Creating and running reports on the time and attendance system (SoftWorks) so they can be used by the HR team and/or Managers to analyze trend and create action plans for improvement.
- Update EMEA internship Program and presentation of documents; help with sourcing interns, assisting with their onboarding, looking after their Holiday entitlement and collecting their paperwork.
- Training and development: assisting the global HR team with the Learning Management System database.
- Personnel administration & payroll.
- Help the supervisor on specific HR Issues; for example, monitoring the car mileage of the company fleet vehicles, creating the annual calendars with bank holidays for each country.
- Updating the HR Information System such as, Softworks and SuccesFactors
- Networking with external resources; for example, universities for interns
The quantity and type of activities performed by each intern will depend on his/her interests, knowledge, performance, experience and attitude. We try to involve our interns in as many activities as possible and give him/her increased responsibilities according to his/her performance and achievements.
What we expect of our intern:
1. Studies within business management, HR or similar subjects.
2. Verbal and written fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of other European languages is highly appreciated.
3. Good experience of Microsoft Office, and proficient in the use of internet and email.
4. Flexibility and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced international environment.
5. High personal motivation, a positive attitude and predisposition to work hard and learn.
What we can offer:
- Length of internship for at least 5 months.
- On-the-job training with highly qualified professionals.
- The chance to learn and experience the reality of working for an international company which will look great on your CV when seeking future employment opportunities.
- The opportunity to be involved in the life cycle of the department and contribute to the continued improvement of the business.
You cannot put a price on the value of this opportunity for personal development. However, we will help you with a small financial support/month.
Company website: [###########] - Contact person: Anika Smits (Human Resources Department; [###########] ) [###########] telephone: +34 93 467 49 99 Ext: 6347