The Event Manager will be responsible of organising several events: Power Series Monthly talks, Workshop events, Fundraising events and the Breaking Barriers Annual Conference.
The role is very dynamic, incorporating a wide variety of tasks such as consumer support, leadership and recruitment of event volunteers, implementation of stakeholder planning, venue selection bookings, and meeting with partners of Generation Success. In this role you will be co-ordinating conference events with influential people from elite industries such as accounting, law, banking and finance and creative industries. By interning at Generation Success you will be building the brand as well as also your own contact base within London.
· Managing a wide range of events formats and projects based in London
· Plan events and ensure events are smooth running
· Helping to create a marketing strategy
· Being the point of contact with speakers, stakeholders and venue coordinators
· Managing a team of volunteers at each event
· Liaise and communicate with other managers in the team to effectively achieve a common goal
· Using of a range of digital marketing and communications tools and platforms (we use external contractors to design as per our instructions).
· Follow up on all action points from debriefs, event surveys, internal meetings, external meetings and so on
· Look for ways to continually improve customer experience and the running of events
Skills & Experiences:
· Final year undergraduate or graduate, preferably with a degree in events management or project management or business studies.
· Project management experience would be advantageous
· Focussed, motivated and dedicated
· Enthusiastic and passionate about the events industry
· Exceptional leadership and management skills
· Possess strong personal integrity and ethical principles
· Excellent organisation and time management skills
· Excellent listener
· Ability to demonstrate empathy and patience
· Ability to work collaboratively with others and independently
· Is responsible and self-motivated
· Possess a positive attitude and enjoys helping others
· Flexible working hours
· Strong communication skills.
· Creativity and ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines
· Good research and internet skills
· High level of attention to detail and proactive with problem solving
Interested in the issues equal access to learning resources and generally socially conscious individual