Company: Mad’in Europe SCRL ([###########]) - Address: Brussels (Belgium) 116, rue Berckmans
Contact: Madina Benvenuti – [###########] – Tel: +32 475 83 74 88 - Internship available from: September 2018
Company introduction. Mad’in Europe is a small company born in Brussels in 2013. Its objective are:
• become the first market place connecting European makers in fine and traditional crafts with an international audience of private consumers, architects, retailers, designers, interior designers, historic houses owners, and other professionals. (the portal showcases a selection of more than 1800 makers from 20 European countries.)
• bring sustainable and concrete support to European micro-businesses in the areas of Crafts (wood, metal, glass, ceramic, textile, stone crafts, music instruments, and restoration of cultural heritage…)
• support capacity building and mobility in the sector
• increased awareness among the public about the value of crafts in culture, economy and society.
Mad’in Europe is member of the World Crafts Council Europe and collaborates with many actors all over Europe to develop synergies (ie. with the contemporary design world, the Historic Houses Association...). The objective is to merge energies and resources and create a win-win collaboration for makers, customers and Mad’in Europe.
Internship proposal. The intern will work with Mad’in Europe’s manager, Madina Benvenuti, Interns are required to be multitask and are directly involved in the growth strategy of Mad’in Europe and in the relationship with craftsmen and partners. He/she will be required to demonstrate personal commitment and possess excellent communication skills.
This internship is offered to students who are able and wish to be involved in the following actions:
• Develop and implement a high growth strategy for Mad'in Europe
• Research new business opportunities involving existing and new partners
• Benchmark best practices and tailor the marketing strategy to create added value for the company and for makers.
• Define the functions and the design of the new portal to replace the existing one.
• Elaborate and explore seed & early stage funding opportunities (Angels, seed VC, VC).
• Answer to European calls (Creative Europe, Erasmus plus…) with other European partners.
• Communication / traffic building / social networks administration / e-marketing
The location is Brussels.
SKILLS REQUIRED FROM TRAINEES
• Finance and Economics knowledge are required.
• Business and product development.
• Entrepreneurial mindset.
• Skills in communication, marketing & media are welcome.
• Writing skills in English and French are necessary
• Other skills: autonomy, dynamism, creativity, team spirit, open-minded approach, interest for small business development.
The trainee will define reasonable objectives according to his/her capacities, internship time and company priorities, will fix milestones and focus on their achievements.
LANGUAGES REQUIREMENTS: English is mandatory, French is also important. Any other EU language is very welcome.
IT & AND COMPUTER SKILLS: Office Pack, Mailchimp, Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Pinterest, (CMS is welcome);
Note: Mad’in Europe actual revenues do not allow to pay for internships. The European Program Erasmus+ supports traineeships (work placements, internships, etc) abroad for students currently enrolled in higher education institutions in countries at Bachelor and Master level as well as for doctoral candidates. Check on: [###########] en