We believe in the power of good music and good content creation. An innovation borne out of passion for new and emerging music, and efforts to revolutionize the way new music and content is discovered and consumed, WPGM provides a relevant platform and service, via media and publishing, digital PR and publicity, radio and TV plugging, and social media marketing, to promote, support and raise awareness for the best new music, artists and lifestyle content.
Already with an established solid platform of over 500,000 monthly visits, over 25,000 Twitter followers, over 100,000 Facebook fans, and over 10,000 Instagram fans, WPGM – as a trend setter and taste-maker since its first iteration in 2009 – is out to further up the ante in disseminating and promoting relevant new media and content to its global audiences.
In the short years of existence, WPGM has garnered numerous media support and acknowledgment from industry peers and stalwarts as a respected brand within the online media, publishing and PR landscape. We are one of the UK’s most sought after media, publishing and digital PR services companies. Our media arm functions online via [###########] and [###########], with future expansions into TV, Radio and Print content.
Our PR services arm functions within the digital music PR and social media marketing spaces in the UK and West Africa, with a view to expanding into Europe and America, while continuing to build our digital music PR services/activities in the UK and West Africa. We are also looking at expanding into digital PR/Publicity for corporate brands and events in the UK and Africa.
Regarding our digital PR and publicity executive job role, please find below some job specifications and responsibilities.
Please note that this opportunity is unpaid.
1. Press Contact Database – building a contact list database of all the new and existing UK music websites/blogs and other music websites/blogs that frequently post UK music. Also building a contact list database of new and existing US and global music websites/blogs.
2. Radio Contact Database – building a contact list database of UK-wide radio presenters and radio producers of urban radio shows and radio stations.
3. Potential Client Database – building a contact list database of exciting new and emerging European and US artists that we can potentially turn into new online PR clients.
4. Writing and drafting press releases, biographies and one sheets.
5. Building and managing databases of potential PR clients, online press, radio producers, presenters and DJs.
6. Pitching digital PR services to potential clients.
7. Building relationships for WPGM PR with online press and radio contacts.
8. Handling meetings with potential clients.
9. Monitoring and reporting on existing digital PR campaigns.
10. Portfolio Building – capturing screenshots of all the blog/press coverage our UK online PR campaigns have garnered as well as each page link and collating this together for each campaign (remotely and digitally).
11. Placing campaign contents on key online media/press.
12. Pitching for client interview with online media/press.
13. Pitching for live sessions with Youtube channels and online media platforms.
14. Social media updates about existing campaigns.
15. Managing press list and client list.
16. Developing new markets and clientele for our new and existing PR services as well as new and existing media content.
17. Selling and marketing WPGM’s PR services to the right market (whether to artists or to music executives or to record labels).
18. Developing new markets and clientele for our new and existing PR services.
19. Developing marketing campaigns to promote WPGM’s PR services to corporate and music clients.
20. Generate new ideas to drive PR client acquisition.
21. Improving the presence of WPGM’s digital PR/Press within corporate brands in the UK and Africa.
22. Being a brand champion for WPGM PR.