Sustainable Bolivia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the Bolivian Amazon that partners with local initiatives to provides resources that support ecotourism, regenerative agriculture, health and education. Volunteers and interns are placed with partner NGOs throughout the country, namely in and around Riberalta, Bolivia.
Sustainable Bolivia is looking for volunteers and interns interested in supporting ecotourism projects in the Bolivian Amazon. Working alongside the municipal government and local communities, Sustainable Bolivia helped establish a new 20,000+ hectare reserve in the Bolivian Amazon in 2017.
This area of remarkable beauty and unsurpassed biologically diversity is now protected from agriculture expansion, ranching, logging, mining and natural resource extraction. Sustainable Bolivia, helps manage the reserve, ensuring that deforestation and degradation of lakes and rivers are alleviated.
To support conservation efforts and provide a sustainable income, SB is working alongside the local government and two communities inside the reserve to promote local ecotourism projects. Proposed initiatives include guided nature hikes, plant medicine, canoe rides, bird watching and fishing.
SB is looking for interns interested in supporting this project. Support can include:
• Marketing, blogging, photography, videos and creating promotional materials
• Translation/guide-services inside the reserve
• Capacity building & training
• Cooking and nutritional services
• Plant identification and mapping
• Assisting in reforestation efforts
• Artesenia and local craft production
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
• Orientation upon arrival
• Accomodation available in the volunteers’ house or host family against a fee
• Cultural support and language school available