Since its establishment in 2006 Bolivia Digna has been developing and and working on programs aimed at promoting social development, violence prevention, and protection of children who are often victim of violence. Currently, the organisation works in two sites in the suburbs of Cochabamba, in communities where people are living well below the poverty line, and are often being marginalized by the rest of the society. Bolivia Digna strives to provide informal education and support to children aged 4 to 15, thus giving the children the motivation to encourage future changes in their own communities.
We are currently looking for a trainee who is passionate and motivated about working with children and willing to know more about the NGO sector in Bolivia. During this internship you will participate in the daily activities of Bolivia Digna, and will get invaluable field experience in working with children directly. This internship will give you a better understanding of the inner-workings of an NGO as well as develop your humanitarian skills and international communications knowledge.
• Weekly and monthly planning of activities/lessons to be taught to children at both sites of Bolivia Digna project;
• Daily assistance to educators working at both sites.
• Participating in weekly team meetings;
• Help preparing educative activities for the children;
• Developing and maintaining contact with foreign organisations/institutions in order to the visibility of Bolivia Digna and its mission and put in place partnerships;
• Creating a fundraising project for the activities and/or necessary materials.
• Experience with NGOs, children education, international development desirable;
• Basic level Spanish;
• Flexibility, organizational skills, openness;
Terms and conditions:
• Unpaid internship from 1 to 6 months
• Work hours: 30 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
• Visa not necessary for stays < 3 months. For more than three months, we can assist you in the proceedings.