Awaken is seeking an Intern Marketing Coordinator to join our team in Quito, Ecuador. We are looking for someone who is self-motivated, highly energetic, and results oriented to join us. Your knowledge of marketing, social media platforms, communications and passion for what Awaken does will enable you to support the implementation of strategic marketing plan to enhance Awaken’s brand recognition, creating eminence and building the market understanding of what Awaken has to offer, thus ultimately leading to revenue.
WE OFFER TO YOU?
- Be part of a Start up, in an Entrepreneur environment with a bunch of motivation and innovated ideas at work
- Make up to $2000 USD on Comissions a month
- Travel to the mountains, jungles, beaches of Ecuador FOR FREE while you are joining our trips with our groups
- Develop your personal and profesional skills while traveling around Ecuador
- Have the chance to keep wroking partial time for Awaken after your internship finishes and when you go back to your country
WHAT IS AWAKEN?
Awaken is an organization that allows you to travel with purpose.
Learn about yourself personally and professionally.
Explore different regions and many cultures.
Volunteer with children and teens in need.
Whether you want to travel for a unique placement, discover magnificent places off of the typical tourist path or are looking to give a helping hand to those in need, Awaken has a program for you!
During all of the Awaken programs, you will be learning, exploring and volunteering. However, you can choose a trip that focuses on one of these three subjects.
Participants discover the true feeling of freedom while partaking in adventure workshops and extreme sports surrounded by volcanoes, rivers, waterfalls, beaches, jungles and mountains. Designed to teach the real value of impacting other people’s lives, participants learn that there is nothing better than giving something and not expecting something back in return. This is why volunteering activities are a key component of the experience Awaken offers. Focusing on children and teenagers who are either fighting against illnesses, orphans or working on the streets, participants lead and prepare activities, such music, dancing, games and play
• Follow the Marketing plan and the specific responsibilities given to you by our Chief Creative Officer
• Travel and participate in all adventure workshops and touristic activities in order to obtain material (photos, videos, etc.) for social media
• Create and manage content for all of Awaken’s social media accounts
• Act as a key contact and resource for direct mail/contact programs and sponsorship support
• Support relationship-building and selling activities of Awaken
• Be a part of real negotiations, approach clients, and close sales with universities and companies around the world while having the chance to get a commission of each sale
• Support the PR activities of Awaken
• Execute business development campaigns, tools and measurements
• Communicate both verbally and in writing with clients
• Create and foster strong working relationships with the Awaken team
• Support the creation of new, and maintenance of existing, relationships with third-party associations (agencies, suppliers, etc), as appropriate to client needs
• Support the tracking and reporting of ROI on all major marketing activities and campaigns
• Assist with the collection and analysis of market, web and internet data as appropriate
• Ensure firm quality and brand standards
• Coordinating relevant speaking opportunities and feature editorials
A successful candidate should have:
• Minimum 1 year of marketing and communications experience
• Knowledge of Adobe programs (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign, etc.) is preferred
• Experience in managing social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, etc)
• Experience with direct mail and sponsorships
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (a basic level of Spanish would also be beneficial)
• Be comfortable liaising effectively with staff, clients and external companies
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Sheets and Google Docs, as well as database management experience
• Aptitude for working with technology
• Strong research, project management and analytical skills
• Ability to prioritize, multi-task and perform in a deadline oriented environment
• Strong attention to detail, and above-average coordination and organizational skills
• Willingness to travel within Ecuador
• Self-starter, independent and proactive, who will show initiative and bring forward new ideas to the team
• Desire to work in a team-based environment on multiple projects with minimal supervision
Learn valuable managerial skills as well as skills in creativity, responsibility, leadership and teamwork. Awaken is an international company that will help you gain experience for the real world upon graduation from college or university. Be exposed to life outside the classroom where you will study and learn about various scenarios that will occur in life, rather than experiencing them firsthand. An education is often vital to a young person's development in the professional world but interning is another great way to prepare for the challenges that lie ahead.
Our program is composed of 20% theory and 80% practical application. You will be part of trainings to gain a truly experiential education that occurs in different environments such as rainforests, mountains, caves, lakes, waterfalls and places that allow you to get in touch with yourself and with nature. Trainings will be provided by professionals to ensure a valuable and professional learning experience.
• Learn about a career field from the inside and decide if this is the right career field for you
• Work alongside a professional in your chosen career area
• Observe the work place and see if it matches expectations
Leadership and Skill Development:
• Learn new skills and add to your knowledge base while gaining confidence in your abilities
• Opportunity to practice communication and teamwork skills
• Gain industry knowledge first hand from an organization and professionals
• Provide evidence that you have initiative, are reliable and have a sense of responsibility
• Apply some of the ideas learned in school and provide a bridge between school and the professional world
• Achieve a sense of accomplishment by contributing to an organization
Networking and Establishing Mentors and References:
• Meet new people and practice networking skills while establishing a network of professional contacts, mentors, and references
• Use the mentors within the team of Awaken to get advice for the next steps to take on your career path
• Gain valuable experience and accomplishments to add to your resume and/or enhance your application to Graduate School
• Create an advantage over other job or graduate school applicants
• Potential for a full time job offer at the end of the internship based on your performance
• The duration of this internship is for a minimum of 1 month
• Awaken will cover all travel expenses associated with this internship such as: rafting, zip-lining, hiking, horseback riding, biking, waterfall rappelling, etc
• You will be responsible for your flight, food, housing and extra excursions you may want to do during your time in Ecuador
• Interns involved in sales will get a commission of 5% to 10% depending on the sale made
• Awaken has a family concept, therefore interns will be living in the Awaken house. This house is a large house with all the space you will need. We want to be sure that you experience what Awaken is all about and that you have the opportunity to dive into life with an Ecuadorean family and truly experience the culture of Ecuador!